Tuesday, January 18, 2011

What kind of designer am I?

I thought about this header and what the meaning behind it has for quite some time, sitting there sketching up what might be an ideal image of me. But I drew a blank; what is my kind of style? What kind of designer do I see in myself? A debate of which lead me into the realm of minimalist style.

The minimalist style is one where the designer portrays the atmosphere or idea with minimal materials, but yet is still able to show its artistic side. I believe I see myself within this style as of right now, or where I would like to head to in the near future. Therefore, in the header space provided, I have only generate the require text, the main focus point for this header, and left out the drawing part. There are two purpose to this: 1) Minimalist style I'm trying to gain a sense of knowledge for, how much more minimal can I go than this? 2) The blankness, besides the text, represents a blank start, what I learned from last semester, in order to keep my mind open to new ideas and design. At this point, I believe I'm still unsure of what designer I see myself as, but with this start, maybe by the end of the semester I'll know for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment