Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Sketches: In Class

During class last time, we were doing a few sketches of our fellow classmates, standing in different poses. The time span of 5 minutes seem long at first but it was actually faster than expected. I was just getting into the motion of figuring out how to draw it faster when it was suddenly over. Below are two images of some examples of what we drew.



If I remember correctly, this image was of Jack. This animated self as usual. I pick this one because of it's size relative to the scale, which was near the right scale of the drawing.



I pick this one not because it was great or anything, but it gave me clues to how to draw the figures easier, and faster. With these type of sketches you don't need precise accuracy to details but a general outline of the figure instead. This exercise really helped in my experience of drawing human figures better. Still working on it, but nonetheless better.

No comments:

Post a Comment