Sunday, December 5, 2010

Phenomenological Analysis

During this project we had to observe a natural solar light phenomenon. By creating a record of the phenomenon in 3 different media ways: photography/video, drawing, and diagrammatic model, we could document our observations and presented it to the class.

I chose the light phenomenon of lights through the clouds - seen through a window. My observation occurred in 3 different days/time. After capturing the photo of the lights through the clouds for 3 days, I wanted to do something as to merge them together, to make them appear as one cloud scene. I decided to also merge the drawings of the scene into one as well. The next step was deciding on how to do my model.

Using Styrofoam, I cut up (2) 1/2" blocks, (2) 1" blocks, (2) 2" blocks, and (2) 3" blocks, all with a 1/2" thickness. Using the idea of branching it up and connecting it together to form the layers of clouds and sky view. I painted the Styrofoam according to the layers of the clouds and its surrounding. The final product is what follows below.















































I believe the final presentation went well and the layout was used appropriately. Although I had a title drawn onto it, we all agree that a title wasn't necessary, so it was taken off. A few suggestions of how I could play with the layout was also given but other than that everything else was in good standing.

No comments:

Post a Comment