Thursday, April 7, 2011

FALLING WATER - FLW

What can I say.. this trip has been one of the most inspiring trips I've ever taken, with professors and TAs at that. I had the most amazing time at Falling Water, visiting Frank Lloyd Wright's masterpiece. That whole sight seeing, and exploring a real famous designer's home was just wonderful. The view, and surrounding lands were just breathtaking. I didn't think the house was going to come to an end, as it seem more grand in person than just photos (As you could only really see the outside photos online). But photos couldn't even do it justice. The way he designed had a very purpose mindset attributed to it and every way that you feel within the home, Wright had accounted for that.

This truly opened my eyes to a new way of designing, one of which not to please oneself totally, but taking into account of what will make the client happy. The way he had set up the home to lead into different areas, and having many directions to choose from to explore, gave the home a more interesting feel to it and excitements of what might be on the other side. Although the home itself was huge, I didn't quite enjoy the bedroom to it's full extent, as I enjoy a more open space and more space in general. The balcony and area that leads out from the living room and bedrooms were fantastic though. A home built on a falling stream of water, what more could be said about this magnificent architectural structure than for you to experience first hand it what it is like..?

This trip brought more ideas and inspiration into my daily living, but it was more than just that. I bonded with a few of my studio people. One's I was already close with, to ones I just say "Hi" whenever I see them. We stayed together during the whole trip, and made everlasting memories that I'll never forget. I enjoyed every moment of it, even the lousy bus ride there and back, because I was surrounded by them. Being together with people that makes you happy, anywhere you go seems to be an adventure you'll enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment