Friday, September 30, 2011

I.O.B Progression

The progression of the I.O.B. group has gone in the right direction, I believe. We posted up posted notes on the board to organized our ideas out. After this exercise we set out to make models and pin up, and explore more ideas/concepts with Brailles and textures. Overall, this week has been a success in terms of our progression.



One of the models I made was this wood piece right here. In the beginning, I wanted to place holes into a piece of wood for the Braille lettering and see where that could lead me to. I found an old piece of wood in the wood trash bin and started to drill the holes according to the marks I made on it. I picked out the smallest holes just so that it'll fit on this test board. But after spending some time on it, an idea of placing bamboo sticks through the holes at varies heights came about so I set out to do just that. Smoothing the end product made the wood new again. The little cut wasn't an easy task to cut out with the machines in the woodshop, however. I also chose to do something like this since I knew everyone else would be working with papers and similar materials, therefore I wanted to do something different to add to the group's presentations. I also made another piece, and the texture on that piece is really quite something.

No comments:

Post a Comment