Tuesday, September 6, 2011

WAM

Narrative - The streets were quiet, with minimum noise from cars as they drove on Tate St. & Spring Garden where I was walking. It was a pleasant site, the streets of UNC-G, and it's surroundings. A tower figure with high beams supporting a room was also at the corner, a part of the Weather Spoon Art Museum. Since it was still early in the day, there were not that many students about. Approaching the building there was the concrete stairs leading up to the entrance. The colors were dark compared to the other appearance with its high beam columns. To the side on the bottom steps, there were bikes where I suppose employees and other students parked to enter into the museum. A bit to the right of the bike rack, there were a were a couple of students occupying the benches built along the walkway. My eyes went straight to one of them and I recognized it was one of my friend, sitting on the bench reading a book. She was waiting for her class to start. I focused my attention again to the building and proceed to talk up the stairs. It had two levels, after climbing up the first few steps it leveled out and starts back up again. In front of me were the glass doors, opening them you enter into a small area with another set of doors to open. After opening the second pair of doors, I was inside the designated place. There was a big door in front of me across the room, (later on finding out it lead to the basement for storage of supplies) and a stairway to my right. I did not walk up the stairs to the second floor but I knew what it holds since I've been inside the WAM building a few things before. The main lobby to my left were spacious, echoing sounds down the end of the hallway that divides into other rooms. Even though the sun was out and gave enough sunlight anywhere else, I felt the place to still be a bit dark, mysterious in a way. Only certain parts of the lobby reflected lights, and I believe that this was done purposefully. For what reasons, I'm not sure. I believe, however, if the room had more abundance of light, it would have felt more lively, a place where people would get together and feel the energy of the artwork before even seeing them.


Some Sketch -




Photos -







Final Diagram -

No comments:

Post a Comment